india office records/st.helena artillery

  • peter_cluer
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2004
      If you go on to website "family search.org"click on library then
      click on library catalogue to get into the catalogue,you will find a
      list of searches.Click on Title Search,type in east india company
      military records or india office records, up should come a list
      relating to the east india company.Some records are in books,some on
      fiche and some on microfilm.You can order these through your local
      family history reading centres.Good Hunting.Regards Peter
    • deborah jenkins
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2005
        peter,
        can you tell me how i can order specific documents from the LDS? i am wanting to order births 1853-1898 film number 1259104 and marriages 1852-1930 and index to deaths 1887-1936
        i am struggling, please help
        deborah

        peter_cluer <petercluer2004@...> wrote:

        If you go on to website "family search.org"click on library then
        click on library catalogue to get into the catalogue,you will find a
        list of searches.Click on Title Search,type in east india company
        military records or india office records, up should come a list
        relating to the east india company.Some records are in books,some on
        fiche and some on microfilm.You can order these through your local
        family history reading centres.Good Hunting.Regards Peter

        http://www.st-helena.org

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • deborah jenkins

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 14, 2005

            Deborah,  I put ‘LDS family history centres Uk’ into Google and came up with this site.

            http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/LDS/centres.txt

            This tell you the address of all the LDS family history centres in the UK and their telephone numbers – try calling your nearest one – they’re very friendly and won’t try and turn you in a latter day saint

            I’m afraid the member of this forum cannot expect to get all the answers from their computers – they have to do what the rest of us do and get out to the archives themselves

            All the best

            Colin

          • petercluer2004@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 12, 2006
              Hi Deborah,Go to your nearest Mormon Church that has a family history reading centre.They will order the films for you but you must read them there.Regards Peter
            • debvaljenkins
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 17, 2006
                i now have the documents coming from south africa, am too excited!