George Family Surname on St. Helena Island

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2010
      Hello everyone,
      I am posting this again just to see if there is any new advice, information etc. on this family.

      Frederick Samuel George, born September 29, 1854 to Jacob and Catherine George I presume, on St. Helena Island.  Frederick actually immigrated to the US about 1870, he is listed on the US Census by 1880.  He had a brother whom he shared an apartment with named John C. George who also resided in Rhode Island.  On the death certificate, certified from the State of Rhode Island Archives office, Frederick Samuel's parents' names were provided by his son Frederick George who was born in 1889.  I am trying to find out how I can locate any ships' records from St. Helena that would have brought the brothers to the states either through England, or just "off the island" during the 1865-1870s....they state they came to this country (US) in 1871.  Also I'm trying to find information on the parents and any other children they may have had...

      Any recommendations?  Thank you.