Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: HOPKINS

  • Merilyn Pedrick
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2010
      Hi Lisa

      I don't have Hopkins ancestors, but I was interested in anyone with the
      surname Graham.

      Best wishes

      Merilyn

      Message 2 of 8 , May 11, 2010
        hi, my ggrandads surname was graham,andrew simon graham,brn abt 1898,married maude alice richards than migrated 2 sa about 1920s,i need more info bout that family tree,can you help?

        On Mon, 03 May 2010 03:43 EEST Merilyn Pedrick wrote:

        >Hi Lisa
        >
        >I don't have Hopkins ancestors, but I was interested in anyone with the
        >surname Graham.
        >
        >Best wishes
        >
        >Merilyn

      • lester palmer
        Message 3 of 8 , May 11, 2010
          i might have sent this already,my ggrandfather andrew simon graham had 3 sons, edward william graham,herbert graham and albert graham,ggrandad must have also been a mechanic as edward graham was one.he was brn 1925 and died 1978,there is no birth record in south africa for andrew,all i no is that they lived in jamestown and i think he was in the army in the 1920s or so

          On Tue, 11 May 2010 23:42 EEST lester palmer wrote:

          >hi, my ggrandads surname was graham,andrew simon graham,brn abt 1898,married maude alice richards than migrated 2 sa about 1920s,i need more info bout that family tree,can you help?
          >
          >On Mon, 03 May 2010 03:43 EEST Merilyn Pedrick wrote:
          >
          >>Hi Lisa
          >>
          >>I don't have Hopkins ancestors, but I was interested in anyone with the
          >>surname Graham.
          >>
          >>Best wishes
          >>
          >>Merilyn

        • Merilyn Pedrick
          Message 4 of 8 , May 11, 2010
            Hi Lisa

            James Samuel Graham enlisted in the HEIC in 1826 and went with them to St.
            Helena in 1827 as a bombadier or gunner. His wife was Frances, possibly
            Streightfield, and their first two children were born in St. Helena, James
            Samuel in 1827 and Mary Ann in 1830. Their third child was born in Lambeth,
            London in 1833, so the family must have returned to England by that time.

            I'm wondering if either of the two sons went back to St. Helena in later
            life.

            Best wishes

            Merilyn

            Hi, my ggrandads surname was graham,Andrew Simon graham,brn ABT 1898,married
            maude Alice Richards than migrated 2 as about 1920s,I need more info bout

            -