Re: Fw: Richards Family

  • lessie
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25 2:44 AM
      Hey

      I posted an ad way back trying to get some info bout my great grand mother whom was actually born on Saint Helena Island, her name was Maud Alice Richards born 29/01/1899 and married a man called Andrew Simon Graham, I believe they migrated to south africa in the 1920's.

      Don't know whether you would be able to share or give more info regarding the Richards family on the Island??

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25 5:20 PM
        Dear Lessie

        I'm intrigued by your reference to Andrew Simon Graham.

        I have an ancestor, James Samuel Graham who went to St. Helena in 1827. He
        was a gunner with the Honerable East India Company.

        Whilst in St. Helena he and his wife Frances (possibly nee Streightfield)
        had three children, James Samuel Graham born 21 Nov 1827, Mary Ann Graham
        born 30 Jan 1830. A third child, Frances, was born in England in 1833 which
        indicates they probably returned to England before then. We come down from
        the second child, Mary Ann, but I don't know what happened to the two sons -
        they may have returned to St. Helena later.

        Any light you can throw on the ancestors of Andrew Simon Graham would be
        very helpful.

        Best wishes

        Merilyn Pedrick

        Aldgate, South Australia