St Helena Cemetery

  • Caroline Gaden
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 3:26 PM
      Hello All
      The St Helena Institute web site has an email address for cemetery
      queries but it seems to be an invalid address. Does anyone know the
      correct email for cemetery queries.
      What I'd like to know relates to the 1800-1815 time frame.
      Are there headstones from this period?
      Were they made from local stone or did the more affluent tend to use
      imported stone?
      Are the slaves buried in a separate area of the cemetery?
      Is there an index or map or photos?
      The people who died in the 1807 measles outbreak... were there
      individual graves or a more mass burial?
      Are all the soldiers who died in Napoleon's time buried there.. I know
      the many sailors would have been buried at sea.
      Many thanks
      Caroline Gaden
      NSW
      Australia
    • Anthony Goude
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4 5:48 PM
        Does anyone have information of the keepers of the Lunatic Asylum my GG Grandfather is listed on his daughters marriage certificate as Keeper of the Lunatic Asylum, I do not seem able to find any information out about him, his name was John Fowler.

        regards,

        Tony Goude