Angelo Henry/Maria Chapman family

  • eileen.james67
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2010
      My grandfather, James Albert Henry, was born on St. Helena in 1882. His father was Angelo Henry. His mother was Maria Chapman. They were married on St. Helena on 24 Sept 1864. There were 10 children born between 1864 and 1885. At some point, the family emigrated to South
      Africa. My grandfather then emigrated to USA via England in 1907. Does anyone have any information about the family and also, how did they get to the island. The story I grew up with was that Angelo was in the British Army, but past research has told me that many of the family stories, were just stories. Thank you