Orkney woman buried in St Helena?

  • Jane Harris
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2010

      My great grandfather’s 1st cousin was buried in St Helena, according to the family gravestone in Orkney, Scotland.

      Would anyone be willing to look up burial records (possibly even death records) for me in search of further details? I would be willing to look up a birth, marriage, death or census in Scotland in return.

      Details are: Jemima Bruce (née Ross) died 27 May 1867. Buried St Helena (no date). She was christened in February 1846 in Walls, Orkney, so was around 21 when she died. Her husband, George Bruce, was a sea captain so I guess she was sailing with him and her very young family. She may well have died at sea. I’d be interested to know more of the story.

      Best wishes

      Jane Harris