Joseph Mittens family

  • Jake
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2009

      Hello.  I am looking for any information in regards to the family of Joseph Mittens, who was born on St. Helena around 1873.  He was married to Lottie B. Webster and eventually made his way to Springfield, Massachusetts, USA.  He might have spent time in New Bedford, Massachusetts and Spalding, Georgia as well.   He and Lottie had at least five children – Stanley W, William Franklin, Dorothy Bell, Lottie Mae, and Anna.

      T. Jacobson

    • Barbara MacLeod
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2009
        Hello and your St. Helena/New Bedford connection might be through the schooner Lottie Beard which made regular stops in both places. I know this only because my gggmother came to New Bedford aboard her to join her whaling captain husband. Sources: New Bedford Whaling Museum and or Library. Happy hunting, B

        Hello.  I am looking for any information in regards to the family of Joseph Mittens, who was born on St. Helena around 1873.  He was married to Lottie B. Webster and eventually made his way to Springfield, Massachusetts, USA.  He might have spent time in New Bedford, Massachusetts and Spalding, Georgia as well.   He and Lottie had at least five children – Stanley W, William Franklin, Dorothy Bell, Lottie Mae, and Anna.

        T. Jacobson

      • idahojake
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
          Thank you for those leads. There is a lot of info regarding the "Lottie Beard", with any luck I'll find some family links there. Terry