Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] St Helena Artillery

  • deborah jenkins
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2004
      your best bet would be to contacy the british library in kings cross london. They hold a readers room called the oriental india records. Its here you may find the information you need regarding records of military etc...from st helena SAO.
      best of luck
      deb

      bluelaine2004 <bluelaine2004@...> wrote:

      Hi!,
          Does anyone know were there are any information,records,like
      pension, enlistment, etc,on the St Helena Artillery. I'm trying to
      find any records for a John Osborn(e) who married a slave
      called "Priscilla" on the 11th June 1825. Priscilla was a slave to
      Anthony Beale Esq.
          Plus I'm also trying to find any of the above records & informaion
      on a Morris Bennett who married a "Florella" who may have been a free
      slave. They were married on the 26th Dec 1820, Morris was also in the
      St helena Artillery, would there be any records of any kind of John
      Osborn(e) & Morris Bennett, they must have come from the UK? can any
      one be of help please?

      http://www.st-helena.org