John Norcross Firmin

  • johnfirmin@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2009
      John Norcross Firmin came to St.Helena in 1813, aged 19, as an assistant schoolmaster. He married Edith Partridge (at the Cape) in March 1822 & they had 7 children, 5 girls & 2 boys. John Norcross Firmin spent the rest of his life on the Island, rising to the post of Queen's Advocate, a post he held at the time of his death in 1870.
      I have managed to track the subsequent lives of 6 of his children but I can find no trace of his youngest son, John Thomas Norcross Firmin, who was born December 8th, 1834. Any information about JTNF would be gratefully received.
      Kind regards,
      John Firmin.