Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Yon family tree

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hi Clifford,
      Thank you for responding, I'm not sure if the museum there is volunteer or what, but it's impossible to get an answer out of anyone.  I even put an add in a local newspaper down there and nothing.  I'm sure there are relatives down there existing today.

      My hands are tied, I'm at a loss for another avenue, any ideas ?

      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
        Thanks Su, it's been 3 years so I can't recall the persons name.

        It took a year for me to get information, and I had to pay for the research.
        I suggest you contact them again.

        Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:36 AM

        Has anyone ever written to St. Helena for research and received an answer?  I wrote over 3 years ago and got nothing.  Just wondering if anyone on this list has been successful.  Thanks.

        > Jenny mentioned that there is a Yon family tree in her post. I am interested in how to get acces to this as I am trying to find the ancestors of Maria Yon (born about 1851) wife of William Twynham.
        >

        > Thanks
        >
        > Rachel
        >

        > Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.
        > www.yahoo7.com. au/y7mail
        >Regarding James Richards: there is a record of a James Richards being
        a witness to the marriage of William Knipe, boatman, and Louisa Myra
        Yon on 5th May 1879.Is this my great-great grandfather? The other
        witness was Ruth Yon, who may have been married to one Thomas Bagley,
        another boatman. I mention this for two reasons: the first is that I'm
        not exactly sure what a boatman did, and secondly, because there is
        family lore which suggests that either James or, possibly his father
        was in the Royal Navy. It is also said in our family that there was a
        Red Richards, so called because of his red hair, again it is not clear
        if it was James or his father, but I suspect his father, as it was
        said that he was from Belfast. In addition, one of the two met a
        violent end in Marseille. I wonder if any of these details ring any
        bells with anyone else.

        Before writing my next post I hope to have some details regarding the
        Caswell connection. Look forward to any comments or suggestions.

        Regards

        James Brookes

        Hi I dont know how far you got with yre research, I went back to this site, until 2006 and the family name you were looking for were mentioned a few timew, I was wondering did you look back on the previous year's reserach, I just copied and paste(d) a bit of what they mentioned about yre Yon Family tree,You might have seen it before
        Kind Regards

      • Angus Williams
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
          G/day Nancy
          try an contact "michelleyon2006@... "she live in  Half tree hollow  StHellena  tell her that Gus gave you her infomation. till later
          Angus(Gus)

          Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:36 AM

          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
            Thank you so much Gus....have a great day and weekend.  I'll try that and perhaps copy you on the email.  Thank you.

            Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:36 AM