Miller/Crowie

  • simnic41
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24, 2009
      Hi,

      I'm trying to find information on my GGF James Miller married to Emily Miller(not sure of her maiden surname) and also

      My GF Walter Crowie who married Hilda Miller(Crowie)- Both born on the Island

      Any information would be helpful

      Thanks
      Sim
    • simnic41

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 16, 2009
          Do you have any dates for your Miller's as I'm also looking to track down any Millers on St Helena

          Tim

          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "simnic41" <simnic41@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I'm trying to find information on my GGF James Miller married to Emily Miller(not sure of her maiden surname) and also
          >
          > My GF Walter Crowie who married Hilda Miller(Crowie)- Both born on the Island
          >
          > Any information would be helpful
          >
          > Thanks
          > Sim

        • simnic41
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 16, 2009
            Hi Tim,

            I'll have to check up on that.

            What I do know is that James Miller was not born on the Island. He was a passanger on a boat and met his wife there. They had three children - Hilda, Arthur and Alexander.

            I'll get back to you with the dates.

            Regards
            Sim

            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "dr_tim_west" <yahoo@...> wrote:

            > Do you have any dates for your Miller's as I'm also looking to track down any Millers on St Helena
            >
            > Tim
            >

            > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "simnic41" <simnic41@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > I'm trying to find information on my GGF James Miller married to Emily Miller(not sure of her maiden surname) and also
            > >
            > > My GF Walter Crowie who married Hilda Miller(Crowie)- Both born on the Island
            > >
            > > Any information would be helpful
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Sim

          • simnic41
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 29, 2010
              Hi Tim,

              I have a bit more information.

              James Miller died on the island, August 19th 1932 aged 75years.
              I found a postcard addressed to him from Castries Quarter, St Lucia and the message is in antillean creole (I am unable to translate it)This leads me to believe that he is from there.

              According to my mother, James was involved with the Salvation Army as a band master.

              He married Emily Ruth Smith.

              I hope you have information on this line of Millers.

              Kind Regards