family history

  • barbara1stafford
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2004
      My name is Barbara Stafford. I am a South African, married and living
      in Denmark. The recent birth of my daughter has inspired me to trace
      my family history. I have managed to establish the following
      information from my father (in Cape Town, S.A) regarding a connection
      to St. Helena, but so far I have drawn a blank. I hope that someone
      out there can help!?
      My grandfather EDWARD STAFFORD D.O.B. 25 March 1900/1906 arrived with
      his mother in Cape Town as a young boy from St. Helena. Do you have
      any records - birth, ship manifests, anything that could help me on
      my search. Or direct me to what to try next.
      Many thanks
      Barbara
    • Trevor Edwards
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2012
        hi my friend Ann is looking into her family history, she knows that her mother was born  in St Helena and left there to come to England in 1960,her mothers name name is Delia maiden name Yon. Ann!s grandmother was Doris, great grandmother was  Alice. T6hank you trevor