Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Thomas Henry Gardiner

  • John Gardiner
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 22 8:26 AM
      Hi, Su, don't know if this helps but the archives on the island have a marriage certificate stating that Henry Gardiner, 28 yrs, a gunner for the Regiment and living at Ladder Hill, married Lydia Scott, a 23 year-old spinster, on the 19 sept 1893.

      I'm still tryin gto work out if or how this Henry Gardienr is related to my own Gardiner/Gardner family, but thought the Lydia Scott connection might help you, especially as Henry and Lydia had a son, Walter, and his grandchildren are still alive.  Barbara George is the head of HR in the Govt. of St Helena, while Malcolm Gardiner lives in the UK.

      Just hope this might give you a lead.

      Best regards,

      John Gardiner

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 22 2:57 PM
        Thanks John. My mother was a Scott. Su If you find any new info please let me know.
        Alan

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 23 12:13 AM
          More than happy to do so, Alan.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 23 1:20 AM

            This will not help but I have a Clarissa Scott on my tree, b 8 Mar 1801 on St Helena if you ever get back this far

            Dennis Bush-King.