      From: DCAdams <adamslab2@...>
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, January 6, 2009 8:02:20 PM
      Subject: RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Charles Grant

      Roger Sunderland wrote:

      I am currently researching my family tree which includes my Gt,Gt Grandfather Charles Grant born Winchester c1806 and in particular his sixth born William Grant Born c1852 on St Helena.

      The questions i am searching for are the reasons for there move from Winchester Hants and any background to there time there other siblings according to census reports are

      1. Caroline,2. Benjamine 3.Sarah F,4. Henry, 5.Louisa 6.Wiliam, 7.John, 8.Alfred

      I have one small mention of Louisa Palmer Grant, who may be #5. Louisa [above]. I have no information on William. Hope this is of help.

      Louisa Palmer GRANT md. Richard Augustus LEGG on 18 June 1895 at St. Matthew’s Church, St. Helena.

      At the time of her marriage to Richard LEGG, Louisa was listed as a 25 year old spinster, living at the Briars, St. Helena. The witnesses to the marriage were Charles E.. S. GRANT and Suzette STROUD.

      St. Helena, Registrar General's Office, Civil Registration 1852-1936

      Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1981.

      FHL/LDS Film #1259105

      Record #1489

      She d. 9 December 1935, at Alarm House. She is buried St. Paul’s East Baptist Cemetery/Knollcombs .Her gravestone inscription is recorded as: In loving memory of Louisa Palma LEGG, wife of R. A. LEGG, Alarm House, who departed this life on 9th Dec 1935 aged 64 years..

      The civil death registration gives her age as 66 years.

      The informant at her death was Arthur JOSHUA, of Half Tree Hollow.

      St. Helena. Registrar General’s Office, Civil Registration Deaths 1857-1936.

      FHL/LDS  Film #1259106.

      Gravestones and Memorials on St. Helena 1686-1975

      Comp. by the 5th and 6th year pupils of the Secondary Selective Schoo

      FHL/LDS Film #1259106

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic