982Looking for information on Michael Minton and family 1826-1836

  • elswe10
    Oct 20, 2008
      Hi, Listers.
      This is my first posting to the list. I am looking for information on
      Michael Minton, his wife Grace Minton(nee Ridge). Married 11 August
      1830 on St Helena Island. Their 3 daughters are Biddy b.1832,
      Catherine b.1832 and Margaret b.1836. I am attempting to clarify if
      Michael and Grace are my g/g/grandparents. I have printouts from the
      India Office Family Search Database for the wedding and the first and
      second daughter. Margaret was baptised in St.Paul's 6 Nov.1836. How
      would I go about getting a record of this?
      Michael Minton was dischcarged from the St.Helena Regiment in 1836.
      From reading the history of the Island I am assuming that the family
      made their way to the Cape and from there to Australia. How would I go
      about finding out if there were more children born after leaving St.
      Helena and before reaching Australia -between 1836-1840.? Are there
      passenger lists available when folk left from the Cape?
      Your help would be most appreciated
      Thank You
      Elaine