98Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Rosanna (Rose) Blennerhassett

  • deborah jenkins
    Nov 18, 2004
      Try the British library. The reading room you would need is oriental india records
      good luck

      betulatamerisk <billjehan99@...> wrote:

      I am seeking information on Rosanna (Rose) Blennerhassett who
      was nursing at St.Helena sometime during the period 1893-1907.
      She died unmarried 9th October 1907, perhaps at St.Helena.

      Rose was Irish Roman Catholic but in South Africa she and an English
      friend Lucy Sleeman had joined an Anglican nursing sisterhood
      "The Order of St.Michael & All Angels" where Rose was known as
      "Sister Aimee", so she may have nursed with this order at St.Helena.

      Any information about her time at St.Helena will be welcomed,
      but particularly suggestions of how I may discover if she died
      at St.Helena in 1907.

      http://www.st-helena.org