      Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:27 PM
      Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Louisa Palmer Grant

      Hi Vivien
      I am interested in the Stroud family, particularly the ancestors of Sophia Stroud b.1843 . I believe her father was Stephen.
      Are you able to help out with any more information.
      Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:06 AM

      Hi Yvonne:
      As you will probably see from my reply to Wendy, you made me look at my St Helena file for the first time in ages and this made me realise that I had not answered Wendy's last email to me over three years ago.  I had filed it away by mistake before answering it - in fact, I don't even remember receiving it!  Just another proof of my chaotic lifestyle.
      My only interest in the Grants is in their connection to the Strouds of St Helena.  My mother in law was a Stroud and her father, Cyril Silas, was born on St Helena in 1885, the son of Silas William Stroud and Eleanor Sophia Yon.  It is Silas William's older sister, Sarah, who married Benjamin Grant.
      So as Louisa Palmer Grant and Cyril Silas Stroud were first cousins, I think that makes you a third cousin once removed from my husband, being both descended from Stephen Stroud and his wife, Sarah Bateman who married on St Helena in 1832.