908RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Surname - CHITCHEN & ELLIS

  • YVONNE LOUDON
    Apr 7 3:51 PM
      Hi Christine
      I have just joined this group.
      My earliest ancestral arrival on St Helena was a John Legg in 1700 and something (sorry, don't have the facts at my finger tips at this moment).
      If you can give me any info about the Legg family I would be very grateful.   I have been in touch with my very distant cousin, Gilbert, who is still on the Island.
      Gilbert, if you read this, I salute you for all your kindness in passing on as much family info as you had.
      My biggest barrier is trying to find out where John originated in the UK so that I can trace our family back even further.  Or just knowing where he hailed from would be good.
      Regards
      Yvonne

      Christine Adams <adamslab2@...> wrote:

      Rob Ellis wrote:
      I am trying to trace the origins of both the CHITCHENS & ELLIS of the Island.

      I have virtually no Ellis information in my database, except that Charlotte Emilia Legg md. John Ellis of H.M. 66th Reg't in 1820. If you ever connect to this couple, I do have a good bit of information on the Legg family.
      Christine

      Pack up or back up┬ľuse SkyDrive to transfer files or keep extra copies. Learn how.
      hthttp://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_packup_042008

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: