      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      From: champnrse@...
      Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 20:59:42 -0500
      Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] school records

      Hi Shirley,
      When did your GG Grandfather Charles Contest live on the Island?  I have many late 1800's letters from my St. Helena ancestors and they all had beautiful penmanship.  In fact, one of them, Millie Sefton, was a teacher at Hutts's Gate, in the 1880's until 1891.

      Regards,

      Lynn West

      SEFTON, HUBBARD, HARRIS, CLAYTON, EVANS, SMITH, UNDRELL, ELLIOT, CHAMBERS, FOWLER,

      Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 10:18 PM
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist. ] school records

      Does anyone know of any school records for free slaves my gg father
      Charles Contest could write beautifully. So I assuming he must have
      attended school.

      Click here Search for local singles online @ Lavalife.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic