881Martha (Patty) Chippendale 1831

  • dngskll
    Feb 18, 2008
      Does anyone have any information about Martha Chippendale, known as
      Patty. In 1831 she is named in a will as the mother of Evan, my GG
      Grandfather and his brother Owen. They were the illegitimate sons of
      William Thomas who died on the island in a drowning accident and the
      children were recognised in his will. They took his surname after
      William's death. Evan and Owen Thomas grew up and married on the

      I tried to post this request last week but it seems to have got lost.
      Please forgive any repetition if both posts appear.

      Thanks in advance for any help.