872Re: Sophia Yon 1834

  • chinookstorms
    Jan 26, 2008
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "MARK ROUSE"
      <mark.rouse1@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for information on Sophia Yon, baptised June 1834,
      parents John & Dorothea.

      > Any information on her, or her descendants will be gratefully
      received.

      Mark,
      just a few snippets of information which may be of some interest
      which I discovered whilst researching the Hamilton's of St Helena

      I have a listing of Joseph Bizarre (occupation Boatman) and Sophia
      Yon (occupation laundress) marrying in Jamestown on 1 November 1862.

      I also have a listing of slaves which may be of some interest.

      Slave Yon and slave Margaret have a child Eliza on 5 February 1825
      baptised 11 September1825

      The slaves of Mr Antony Beale, Sarah and***Yon marriage 12 February
      1820

      The slaves of the Thomas Greentree, James (Anthony ??) and Eleanor
      Yonn have a child Kitty Anthony? 3 April 1816.

      Regards, Rob Hamilton, Victoria. Australia.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic