847Re: follow up thomas

  • dngskll
    Dec 10, 2007
      Hi Genie,

      Sorry, I've not heard of Winfried May But you never know, someone may
      come back with an answer.

      As to offending folk, I didn't really think anyone would be upset but
      sometimes it's difficult to phrase your thoughts correctly, thus not
      getting misinterpreted. I'm not sure that last sentence was even
      English but you know what I mean.

      Regards,

      Diane
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Genie Murphy
      <genieandjim@...> wrote:

      > Diana:
      >
      > Thanks for the information. I assume some of my ancestors were
      mixed
      > with people of colour and possible slaves. I don't know why
      anyone
      > would take offense as the island was a real melting pot. While my
      > grandmother and her siblings were caucasian that is not to say
      that
      > further back or another trail was not. I believe that a Winfried
      May
      > Thomas was married to a Corker somewhere in the mid 1930's and I
      > think there was some local to do about it - she may have worked
      for
      > the family.
      >
      > Ever heard of her?
      >
      > Genie