782Pollard

  • Tom Colton
    Sep 25, 2007
      Hi,

      I am researching my family history and have discovered that some of my ancestors were born or married on Saint Helena.

      Thomas Pollard married Mary Houndsworth on 28th December 1824. They had 4 daughters, all born on St. Helena:

      Elizabeth Pollard b.25/05/1821, baptised 01/03/1827

      Amelia Bertha Pollard b. 24/10/1824, baptised 05/05/1825

      Mary Ann Pollard b. 12/01/1827, baptised 01/03/1827

      Betsy Pollard b. 10/03/1830, baptised 01/04/1830

      Thomas Pollard was born in London, UK, in c.1896, the English censuses of 1841, 1861, 1871 had his occupation as a shoemaker, the 1871 census also recorded him as being deaf. I gather from information taken from The Indian Family History website that he may have been employed by the East India Company.
      I do not know anything else about Mary Houndsworth other than what I gleaned from the Indian website i.e. her marriage details Other details are that Amelia Pollard was married to a man whose surname was Foneak, whom I have been unable to find any record of on the internet. She was probably widowed when marrying my Great-great-grandfather Henry Cleghorn on 24/12/1849 in Clapham, London.

      I would be very grateful if your group could offer any information about the people name above,

      Regards,

      Tom Colton

      Bristol, UK
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic