779[St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Knipe and Philips fam

  • Angus williams
    Sep 21, 2007
      -HIYA Diane
      I actually meant pics you took while you where there on holiday or if
      anybody out there reading this thread has pics of the island please
      send them to me
      Diane could you check on a Colonel Knipe of her majesties army Late
      1800,s Early 1900,she was banished to St Helena. As he is my GGG
      grand father.
      thanx once more for everyones help
      Gus

      > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Angus Williams
      > <angustessa@> wrote:
      > Hello Gus,
      >
      > Sorry, I've no pictures of that era. I think your best bet is to try
      > and get the birth, marriage or death certificates of known ancestors
      > to see what information you can find. You may well find proof of
      > parents names and occupation or even place of birth. Then work
      > backward from these. I don't know how things work in NZ and
      > unfortunately I can't help you as I don't have internet access
      > regarding genealogy for that part of the world. However, if you find
      > that your ancestors originated in England or the US let me know and
      > I'll try to find info for you.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Diane
      > >
      > > G/day Diane
      > > All have to go at this moment in time is hearsay from the other
      > cousins,and some about 3/4/5 generations ago we they think that we do
      > Thomas in the line.Who know ????
      > > Could you please send me some of the pics that you have
      > > Thank you Very much for the help that you,ve given me on my quest
      > of my fam tree
      > > thanxs
      > > Gus

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic