773Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Knipe and Philips fam

  • Crystal Williams
    Sep 13, 2007
      Hi Diane - do you know who Martha Louisa married?

      dngskll <diane_202@...> wrote:
      --- In st-helena-genealogy @yahoogroups. com, "Angus williams"
      <angustessa@ ...> wrote:
      Hello Angus,

      I have the name Phillip in my family tree. I don't know if they are
      related to your side.

      Diana Johns married Henry Phillip 25 Mar 1823, on St Helena. I believe
      its possible that both Henry and Diana were free slaves. Evidence not
      substantiated but compelling.

      I've found 4 children so far. Ann Maria b1820, Martha Louisa b1823,
      Henry John b 1824 and James b1826.

      Ann Maria married Evan Thomas 1845 on St Helena and it's the Thomas
      side that I've followed so far. Evan being my GGG Grandfather.

      I'm in England and was lucky enough to visit the island a few years
      ago. The information above, I found in the island archives.

      Who knows, we may be related.

      Best of luck with your research.

      Regards,

      Diane