766Searches

  • brbrmacleod
    Sep 7, 2007
      Hello and my SH connections are William Leslie Hughes Congdon and his
      wife Elizabeth or Ruth Elizabeth. whose two daughters were courted by
      visiting whaling captains as the island was a popular site. John
      Sylvester Layton married Agnes Margaret Congdon in the Baptist Chapel
      in 1880 and her sister Catherine married a Captain Charles Bonney,
      latter date unknown. Both brides eventually came to New England to live
      and raise their families. Records may say place of birth as England or
      South Atlantic but the Congdons apparently were on the island at least
      in the 1870s and 1880s. I am awaiting arrival of the Mormon library
      microfilms to aid in the search for more information. Additional clues
      and information would be most welcome.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic