657family trees

  • cryswil27
    Jun 4, 2007
      Hi - on the old website link we had access to the YON family trees -
      where do i find it now? I can't seem to get access to the old link -
      I've just come across some information that my great-great-
      grandmother was possibly a YON - so i need to check that family
      trees again. Murphy's law was that i deleted the word documents that
      i downloaded off my computer last week!!! and now last night someone
      tells me she was a YON!

      Crystal - Cape Town - South Africa

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "dngskll"
      <diane_202@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know when the surname Thomas became so numerous on the
      > island. In the 1814 census there appeared to be only 1 Thomas.
      > must mean that the name quickly became popular from some other
      > My G Grandmother Henrietta Thomas was born in Jamestown in 1848.
      > father Evan Thomas married and died on the island but I could not
      > birth evidence. From his death entry he was born c1822. This
      > wall as to who his parents were and where he was born has been
      > my research for 2 years. His name sounds Welsh. Perhaps his
      > brought his family over with a regimental posting? Any guesses at
      > stage would be welcome. Have any other "Thomas" researchers
      managed to
      > delve further back than the middle of the 19th century?
      > Thanks,
      > Diane
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic