654Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Magnett (Maggott)

  • Crystal Williams
    May 15, 2007
      Hi Aldridge

      Did you manage to find out why Kate changed her name to Mary?

      Aldridge Fisher <aldridge.fisher@...> wrote:
      As I have been looking for records of my great grandmother from St. Helena, I have just found out that my Grandmother, Kate Alfredina Shoesmith's (she may also be known as Mary Ada Sabina Shoesmith) parents are Alfred Shoesmith and I do not know her mother's first name but her surname was Maggott.

      Kate moved to Cape Town and then married my Great Grandfather Luke Coverwell (later changed to Culverwell) from Kimberley in South Africa. They then moved to Bulawayo in Zimbabwe before finally settling in Harare, Zimbabwe. Kate was a teacher but did not give any useful family information to her children, hence not traceability!

      I don't even have any dates of birth  yet but I am looking into this. I am assuming that she was born in the early 1900's, possibly late 1800's. She did take her grandchildren to St. Helena, which I have a photograph of on the ship either to or from St. Helena - Cape-Town Route.

      If anyone knows of a Maggott or Shoesmith for more information, I will truly appreciate it.

      Have a good day everybody!

      Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic