635MINTON

  • Gail
    Apr 5, 2007
      Hello from West Australia :)

      I am helping a friend with his family research, and he has discovered that his g-g-grandmother was born in St. Helena in 1836.  ....
      Margaret Minton born 14 August 1836,
      baptised 6 Nov 1836
      at St Paul's Church St Helena, parents Michael and Grace (he was a
      stone mason)
      Also discovered this:
      Royal Hospital Chelsea: Soldiers Service Documents WO 97/1182/156
      MICHAEL MINTON Born Tipperary Served in St Helena Regiment Discharged aged 41 Covering date gives year of discharge. . MICHAEL MINTON Born Tipperary Served in St Helena Regiment Discharged aged 41 Covering date gives year of discharge. St. Helena Regiment: Date: 1836. You can get a copy of these records from the UK or the AJCP films if you can get to a capital city Library.

      Margaret b1836 appears to have made it to Australia, as she married Charles HUNT there in 1852 (Vic), but I can't find any other family for her. (There's a Michael Minton, born Tipperary, on the Vic Pioneers index but he died aged 17 in 1860.)

      Does anyone here have any further information about the MINTON family or advice where to start looking?

      Happy Easter,
      Gail