52Trying to trace William Hanley

  • Brian M Morley
    Sep 10, 2004
      I am trying to trace the family of my GGGgrandparents the only information
      I have on the family is as follows:

      William HENLEY in 1823 he was married and in the St Helena Artillery?

      His wife's name is undecipherable.

      A daughter Esther HENLEY born 16 July 1823 according to the Records Office
      of St Helena .

      Esther HENLEY married Robert SMITH 28 Sep 1848 in Wolston, Warwickshire,
      England

      Robert Smith died/buried St Paul's Cemetery Dec 1862.

      12/1/1865 John TREGENZA, of full age, widower, occupation auctioneer,
      father John TREGENZA a, gentleman, to Esther SMITH, of full age, widow,
      father William HENLEY, occupation, magistrates clerk, witnesses Ellen HENLY,
      (sister) Richard ROE.

      His daughter Ellen was by the 1871 Census living with her sister (my
      GGgrandmother) at 36 Tavistock St, Bedford, Bedfordshire, England she was
      born in Hackney Middlesex abt. 1841.

      His other daughter Ann HENLEY also born Hackney Middlesex in 1847 was by the
      1861 Census for Bedford, Bedfordshire –

      Robert Smith, head, 57, born Gorleston, Suffolk, occupation "Landed
      proprietor"
      Esther Smith, wife, 37, "wife of Landed Proprietor", born St. Helena,
      British Subject.
      Samuel H. Smith, son, 10, born New Zealand, British Subject.
      Mary A. Smith, daughter, 9, born New Zealand, British Subject.
      Robert C. Smith, son, 7, born Loughton, Essex.
      Leonard C. Smith, son, 6, born Plaistow, Essex.
      John W. Smith, son, 3, born Bedford.
      Henry Smith, 1, born Bedford.
      Frederick Smith, 1, born Bedford. (Twins??)
      Sydney H. Smith, 4 months, son, born Bedford.
      Ann Henley, 14, wife's sister, born Hackney, Middlesex
      Elizabeth Mooring, 19, domestic servant, born Clapham, Beds.
      Sarah Trueman, 14, domestic servant, born Biddenham, Beds.

      That is all I can find on William Henley & his family.