470Reading the list

  • Marian Press
    Nov 5, 2006
      James:  There are others out there monitoring the list. I am a descendant of the Greentrees, some of whom are still on the Island as you point out.  Although my ancestor, Margaret Greentree, left with her husband - the Governor, John Skottowe, in the 18th century.  Interestingly, a fourth cousin of mine recently visited the Island for business reasons and met many of the Greentrees still there.

      Most of my research has been done from Canada using the HEIC films from the LDS Family History Library.

      Marian Press

      st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com writes:
      with notable exceptions such as Greentree (the oldest name
      on the island today?)

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic