443Anderson, Prosser, Ward

  • Adele
    Sep 18, 2006
      I am new to this list and hope I might get some answers. This concerns my husband's family. His great-grandmother's name was Eliza Anderson. According to the British census, she was born about 1847 in "St. Helena (Atlantic Ocean [Africa west])/Atlantic Ocean".
      From what little information I could find, her parents were Isaac Anderson and possibly Sarah Prosser. She had a brother, also named Isaac Anderson, born in the same place, about 1848.

      She married Albert Edward Ward in 1872 in Woolwich, England. They had several children - their son Albert Edward Ward married Bridget (Louisa) Flanagan in 1898 in Woolwich.

      I have not been able to get further with this because information is limited for St. Helena. Whenever I've tried familysearch.org it sends me straight to Bermuda.

      My mother-in-law insisted that Sarah Prosser was her grandmother, but from what I've found, I believe she was her gt-grandmother. She also insisted that she was Jewish. That is all I know.

      I don't know if this is enough information. Hopefully it will strike a chord with someone.

      thanks
      Adele