436My visit to St Helena

  • Robin Woodruff
    Sep 5, 2006
      Dear Dr Schulenburg
      I have an interest in the prisoners of the Boer War and intend visiting South Africa in October with a trip to St Helena from the 6th to the 15th November for research purposes..
      I have a collection of walking sticks and other items made by the POW's and would like to do some research on the names carved on them.
      I am wondering if there are any relatives remaining on the Island. I note from The Tourist guide to the Anglo Boer War printed in 2000 that Mr Basil George whose Grandfather remained on the island was operating  as a guide at that time.

      I also note in Colin Benbow's book on POW's in Bermuda, Dr C.A.R Schulenburg's  contributions and wonder if this is a relative of your self. are you by any chance located in St Helena or South Africa as it would be of interest to meet with you also.

      I hope you do not object to me contacting you through this media and look forward to your reply with interest.
      Sincerely Robin A Woodruff

      Do you Yahoo!?