407Re: St Helena - Genealogy tools - Lists of army/Navy

  • Alan Brigham
    Jul 5, 2006
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "drralphenstein"
      <drralphenstein@...> wrote:

      > I know that one of my ancestor's was on the island of St Helena
      > sometime around or shortly after the time that Napoleon was on the
      > island. My guess is that he was with the British Navy, could have
      been
      > the army though.
      >
      > Does anybody know of any reference sources that lists the military
      > personnel present on the island. Pay books, service records etc?

      The British Library in London seens to hold a lot. Also, visit your
      local LDS Church Reading Rooms. They have a HUGE collection of films
      on St Helena topics; available to order.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic