394Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Thomas Hunter

  • Alan Baker
    May 13, 2006
      Hello again Brian. Greetings on a beautiful autumn day in the Bay of
      Islands, New Zealand.

      Here's another coincidence. My great great great grandmother was Mary Bagley
      born 1771, died 1841. She married my great great great grandfather Charles
      Joseph Sampson in 1799. The Bagley family went to St Helena after the Fire
      of London when the East India provided passage for some people who were
      homeless.

      The Sampson family (other than daughters who had married) left St Helena and
      emigrated to Capetown before the 1841 census after the East India Company
      regiment was disbanded. Perhaps the Hunters did too? Or to Canada or the US
      where the Orby Hunters are?

      As far as I know the St Helena burial records are not available online.

      Regards
      Diana