354Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Devlins and Clingan / Clairmont around 1856

  • LLOYD SCOTT
    Feb 1, 2006
      They might have left the island in later years as their was a large Clingham family in Mossel Bay South Africa. All New Apostolics by the way.

      Lloyd Scott
      Scotland

      Hi,

      I have ancestors who were married on Saint Helena (Henry Devlin (born
      Ireland) and Catherine Clirmon/Clingen/Clinning (born on Saint
      Helena) on 2nd August 1856. They had a daughter Catherine Devlin born
      in Saint Helena on 14 May 1863 and registered in the Catholic Church.

      Does anyone know of any Devlins or Clirmon/Clingen/Clinnings on Saint
      Helena around this timeline?

      Many Thanks