35Robert Armstrong

  • alan19534
    Jul 27, 2004
      Hello,

      I was looking for the whereabouts of a certain Robert ARMSTRONG who
      was an employee of the East India Company and was also involved with
      Sir John Malcolm of Bombay during his embassies to Persia. The period
      would likely be around 1800 but no later than 1821, as he (Robert)
      returned to Scotland in that year.

      My reason for contacting this list is that I noticed a Robert
      ARMSTRONG in the 1814 census for St Helena and wondered if there was
      a connection. Is there any way of obtaining more information on the
      individual in the census, for example his country of birth?