      From: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com [mailto:st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of lloydcheyne2000
      Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 10:32 PM
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Ellis`s from St Helena

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "robertarthurellis"
      <robertarthurellis@y...> wrote:
      > I am researching my family history & have found a strong link to St
      > Helena.I would be interested in hearing from anyone with info on the
      > following names : Ellis,Wallace,Yon,Fagan,Henry,Scott,Augustus. There
      > are a few more names but this is a start. I have quite a bit of info
      > supplied by Maureen Stevens (The Archivist on the Island) but have
      > quite a few missing links as well.
      > Look forward to some replies. Rob Ellis
      Thier seems to be some similarities with the names.
      Firstly My ggf Henry Scott married a Alicia Louisa Henry in South
      Africa in 1936. My gf ruffina Scott for some reason that I have not
      discovered yet visited Saint Helena Island quite regurlarly. Hios wife
      was Doris Stevens and she had a sister strange but true Maureen
      Stevens. Doris was born 1908 in South Africa. My ggf was Henry William
      Scott. He was born in Grahamstown South Africa. However I seemt o think
      he had links with Saint Helena for some reason. His father was also
      Henry William Scott. H W Scott my ggf had 4 sons in South
      Africa,John,Manuel,Wiener and Ruffina. If you or anyone recognise these
      names please email me. Ruffina Scott was my grandfather who made the
      regular trips to Saint Helena. He also mentioned that they put a
      garland around his neck when he arrived their. He was born 1908 and
      would have visited the Island between 1908 and 1936.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic