237Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Alexander family

  • Crystal Williams
    Jul 8, 2005
      There was Alexanders that lived in Bo-Kaap, Cape Town - they moved there from St Helena Island - I think around 1872 or after that.  They were very dark complexions with sleek black hair - is your family dark? My great-grandmother was an Alexander from Bo-Kaap - her name was Minnie Alexander-not sure of her correct first name-but if it is that Alexanders then I know some more family of theirs. She  (Minnie) married John Solomons whose parents also come from the island.

      Angela Booth <akrb@...> wrote:

      Hello there

      I am trying to trace any connection to Scott Dreyer ALEXANDER born c 1848 St Helena . He m Alice Elizabeth SPENCER in London in 1870. They had two children – Charles S and Percival W also born on St Helena . I believe that it is possible that the family emigrated to South Africa .

      Any ideas or suggestions welcome

      Angela Booth

      Sydney, NSW

      http://www.st-helena.org