2053Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: BROADWAY FAMILY OF ST HELENA

  • jcoyle13839
    Jun 27 12:02 AM

      As far as I can tell, Mr. Broadway’s house was/is on Side Path, about six or seven buildings up from where it joins Napoleon Street, on the right hand side going towards Longwood.  The Hussey School was established in 1866 and is noted as being next to the Benevolent Society School at the time.  Jackson also refers to a house called “Varney’s”, owned by Broadway, but this is almost certainly another property altogether, as her description puts it higher up the hill.  There is another house, as you may already know, called “Broadway House” in Main Street, Jamestown, which was occupied by a Broadway descendant in the 1960's, I believe.

      HTH

      John Coyle

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic