1978Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Blakeway-Lilwall

  • Roger Knights
    Mar 1, 2014
      Hello Olwyn,

      I don't think I can help you directly, but the name Britton forms part of our history of the Moss family of St Helena. Specifically Sarah Britton, b UK c 1795/6, died St.
      Helena 1864. Could you help with that?
      Roger Knights

      Sent from my iPad

      On 2/03/2014, at 5:31 am, "olwenbritton@..." <olwenbritton@...> wrote:

      Hello, This is my first post to the group and I'm from the Blakeway
      Network. I am researching a wedding on St Helena I have seen reports of
      in the British Newspaper Archive. It was on Feb 23rd 1859 between
      Martha Blakeway of Walton,Salop and William Lilwall of
      Clyro,Radnorshire. The reports are a bit inconsistent about Martha's
      father's name. I cannot find it on the Find My Past records and I
      wondered if anyone had done research in this area and could tell me if
      it was worth writing to the Archivist for further information. Also one
      of the reports says 'the happy couple left for England' and I wondered
      if this was true or a bit of journalese as I cannot trace them on later
      censuses. Thank you for your time. Olwen Britton.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic