      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      From: olwenbritton@...
      Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 11:25:16 -0500
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Blakeway-Lilwall

      Hello, This is my first post to the group and I'm from the Blakeway
      Network. I am researching a wedding on St Helena I have seen reports of
      in the British Newspaper Archive. It was on Feb 23rd 1859 between
      Martha Blakeway of Walton,Salop and William Lilwall of
      Clyro,Radnorshire. The reports are a bit inconsistent about Martha's
      father's name. I cannot find it on the Find My Past records and I
      wondered if anyone had done research in this area and could tell me if
      it was worth writing to the Archivist for further information. Also one
      of the reports says 'the happy couple left for England' and I wondered
      if this was true or a bit of journalese as I cannot trace them on later
      censuses. Thank you for your time. Olwen Britton.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic