  • goffal2005
    May 4, 2005
      My dad Joseph Matthew Beard born 03/12/1919 on the island to James
      William Beard & Ethel Susannah nee Stevens i have their marriage
      certificate dated 10/07/1901 @ St Pauls Cathedral Jamestown. I tried
      asking a family member on the island to give me some info and i
      received the following my grandfather James was Baptized 31/03/1872 as
      James Daniel Beard which does not tie up to the name on the marraige
      certificate, could not find a birth certificate but was told that his
      dad was working on a ship and sailed from Scotland and he brought his
      wife Harriet and 2 sons which is James my grandfather and another son
      i do not know his name to the island i think around 1871 and promised
      to collect them but this did not materialise. I believe the other son
      immigrated to America later and that left my grandfather James and his
      mother on the island. Please if you have info please help i was born
      and currently living in Cape Town RSA.

      June Beard