      From: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com [mailto:st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of dbarrath@...
      Sent: 09 September 2013 12:17 AM
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Maria Bolton

      Hello,

      Does anybody know anything about the Boltons of Saint Helena or Pietermaritzburg?

      After many years of dead-ends, I am pleased to say that I have finally started making headway in finding information about my great-grandparents and their forbears! I have just recently discovered that my great-great grandmother was named Maria Bolton. She was born around 1866 and the family story is that her family came from Saint Helena. But, I have not yet found any records confirming a Saint Helena connection.

      I have marriage records that show that she was married at Saint Saviour's Cathedral in Pietermaritzburg to both her first (Edward Lamond Lyne, 1861-1895) & second (Watson Thompson) husbands. I have heard that St Saviour's was attended by people from Saint Helena so that adds weight to the family story.

      I appreciate any help you can offer.

      Thank you,

      Debra

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic