      Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:04 AM
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Birth Records

      Hello Derek.

      Most of the Alexanders living in South Africa today, or other places abroad, are descendants of English folks (or Scots, but that is another story) who were born on the Island and then moved away when the economy declined during the 19th century.

      I can find no mention of a Peter or Patrick Alexander who was born on the Island in 1816, but that only means my data is incomplete. The Alexander family is enormous, and tracing them all is becoming an obsession with me. I will dig deeper and communicate with you when, and if, I find anything. If this is true, welcome to the clan, itÂ’s always nice to find a new cousin.

      You can find our family tree on http://tinyurl/d7256x2

      Cheers

      Clive Stanbridge Alexander

      Somerset West,