1804[St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Fw: St Helena Endangered Archive Project: earliest EIC records now o

  • hilarybellord
    Apr 6, 2013
      Hi

      If you copy and paste the following into your browser, it will take you to a list of records that are available for St Helena:-

      http://eap.bl.uk/database/results.a4d?projID=EAP524

      I tried the Marriage Banns 1849 to 1924 at the bottom of the above page and found numerous familiar surnames but to find them you have to go through each individual page (also be aware that because of the way that the record books were completed, there are numerous pages that don't show the year of the entry).

      It's wonderful that these records are being preserved and that they are able to be seen from another country.

      Happy Searching!
      Hilary

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Terri Sager <nplcat1@...> wrote:

      > Same here.
      > Terri Sager
      >
      > To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      > From: amclenn1@...
      > Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 15:45:23 -0400
      > Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Fw: St Helena Endangered Archive Project: earliest EIC records now o

      > I'm with Linda - I was a bit confused as
      > to how to use it.
      >
      > Adele McLennan

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic