1787Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Powell family

  • hysperella
    Mar 29, 2013
      Hello Clive,

      I too are researching the Alexander family on St.Helena, although the name i am researching is James Hammond Alexander who married Johannah ? around 1815 on the island, i believe that my ancestor jumped ship to marry an american lady, not sure if these two families are related.

      Best wishes,

      Hilary,
      Dorset uk
      In a message dated 29/03/2013 12:16:09 GMT Standard Time, clivealex@... writes:

      Greetings.
      I am researching the Alexander family from St Helena. One of our ancestors, Sarah Alexander, daughter of John Alexander and Mary Maxwell, married James Powell on 30 April 1734 on the Island. They had eight children, Mary, Sarah, Elizabeth, Josiah Clark, Joshua, John Goodwin and Margaret.
      James Powell also had an illegitimate child with Mary Alexander, Sarah's sister. He was named James Powell.
      I am looking for further information on these children. Websites I have accessed only deal with American families. It is, of course, possible that some of them did emigrate to the USA.
      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks
      Clive Stanbridge Alexander
      Somerset West