1786Powell family

  • clivealexa
    Mar 26, 2013
      Greetings.
      I am researching the Alexander family from St Helena. One of our ancestors, Sarah Alexander, daughter of John Alexander and Mary Maxwell, married James Powell on 30 April 1734 on the Island. They had eight children, Mary, Sarah, Elizabeth, Josiah Clark, Joshua, John Goodwin and Margaret.
      James Powell also had an illegitimate child with Mary Alexander, Sarah's sister. He was named James Powell.
      I am looking for further information on these children. Websites I have accessed only deal with American families. It is, of course, possible that some of them did emigrate to the USA.
      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks
      Clive Stanbridge Alexander
      Somerset West