178Mary Lions

  • alwynne benton
    Apr 6, 2005
      Hi everyone
      My name is Ally.  According to the marriage certificate of my great grandfather his parents were a John Christopher Caton (possibly English, and a ships' engineer) and Mary Lions, who we believe is from St. Helena.  I am forwarding a copy of a photograph (including my great grandfather as a child) with the inscription on the back naming the photographer as W.O. Broadway of the St. Helena Photographic Saloon and is numbered 282.  The photograph would probably have been taken in the 1820-30s.
      I have been in touch with the Archivist on St. Helena, but thought some of you more experienced "Saints researchers" might have some ideas for me to follow up.  Thanks in advance for any replies.  AllyB.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic